Thursday, August 7, 2014

Reading Posters

Good morning!  Today I want to share my new-ish Reading Posters.  Here they are in action, newly stuck on my white board.  
I love simple.  Do you?  If you teach K like me, you know they will be able to understand this wayyy better than lots of posters that are overwhelming with text.  A big graphic and a quick sentence is all they need.  I tried to make the graphics match so at the beginning of the year when we start reading, they can tell what it says without having to know all the words.  

These are the biggest things I want my kinders to think about and to do while they are reading.

This pack of Reading Strategy Posters has 4 different sets.  Each set is a different border: the white chevron (shown above), red chevron, black quatrefoil, & chalkboard.  I printed off on cardstock and laminated the white chevron version.  Somehow this year I've been drawn to plain and simple white chevron and it's on a lot of things now in my classroom.  

Here are the posters.  :)

Oh and how cute is the little gal on the front cover of my product?  She is my favorite clip art kid.  It's from Melonheadz.  I love it!  

Today I am getting to business at doing my first week's plans so they are done and out the way.  I may even get crazy and do a couple weeks worth.  My goal this year is to try to get them done not on Saturday or Sunday.  Being in a long distance relationship I am gone most weekends to Kansas so I need to better manage my lesson planning time to get it done before Friday.  :)  That's my goal!  






0 comments:

Post a Comment