Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring Break Recap

My Spring Break is coming to an end.  I have a few more hours until I hit the hay and get rested up for tomorrow.  I wanted to share some of the highlights of my break.  I feel pretty refreshed but anxious for the busy times coming up this last 1/4 of the school year.

#1 Yummy food.  Joplin has really come along the last 5 or so years with new local restaurants and bars with great food and drinks.  Throughout my break there was several times that I met up with friends for some delicious local food!  My favorite is Instant Karma.  I tried Gaslight for the first time (nachos picture below) this break.

#2 Bedroom Makeover.  I decided it was time for a new and bigger bed.  I found a deal at a local furniture store and it was a metal frame.  It wasn't exactly what I had pictured but I LOVE it.  The prints in the frames were found on various Etsy stores.  I also purchased frames on sale at stores like Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Target.  I went for a sorta girly and mismatched look.  Suits my personality well.

#3 Working out.  I have been back to working out daily and it has been great...besides the fact that there are some days when I moan and groan when sitting down.  The below picture accurately describes the pain.  So far since last Friday (first day of break) I have lost 4lbs!

# 4 Friends.  I have spent a lot of time with friends this break. I have seen a movie or two, went to dinner, went to karaoke, and to a day trip to Bentonville, Arkansas.  Here is one of my best friends and I at our karaoke night.

#5 Day Trip.  My friends and I went to Bentonville, Arkansas to go to Crystal Bridges.  Crystal Bridges is an awesome museum in Northwest Arkansas.  If you are ever in the area...stop by!  It is free...but we got a $10.00 ticket to see a special exhibit for Van Gogh to Rothko.  It was great!  We also walked a little on the trails around the museum and I saw the new Frank Lloyd Wright house being put together (well, it's not new...but they are moving it from NJ to AR).  


(a Jackson Pollock and I)

Not quite sure if I'm ready to power through the next month and a half.  It's been a trying year in my personal life.  One day I'll share about that and how depression affected me this past school year.  Good news is that dark cloud hovering over me since the fall is more like a little fog now.  

Positivity.  :)  I do feel refreshed...which I was in desperate need of.

May will be here soon.  It's the most magical month to me.  Happy Spring everyone!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate! Where do I find the editable reading bag Calendar and Name Tag freebie you promised on the January 10, 2015 post?

    ReplyDelete