Friday, June 26, 2015

Dollar Tree Summer Round Up


I don't know about you but I kept seeing these beautiful and colorful bins on Instagram that teachers are posting that are from The Dollar Tree...so I had just had to go to my local Dollar Tree to see them for myself.

Now, I didn't need bins...but any time I go to the Dollar Tree I always find some great things for my classroom.  I did end up staring at the pretty bins though. ;)

Here's my latest mini-haul!


Okay, so I ended up with a few bins!  Ha!  7 to be exact.  They look like a great size for leveled readers.  I have a new knock off Ikea cart that my mom found for me at Sam's in a marked down area.  I figured I may put my leveled readers on that cart in these little bins.  During my Teaching With Intention book study, I learned that it's best to spread out your library to not just one area of your room...but multiple areas.


These dice I had to have!  I got one of each color.  I'll use them in math tubs, whole group math lessons, and maybe even small groups for math.

I thought this border was cute!  I picked up 3 since I'm unsure where exactly I'll use it, and how much of it I need.  The teacher section was a little sparse in spots so I may have to go back and see what else is there.

I got some silly straws for birthday prizes.  Included below is a *FREEBIE* that is a topper to these fun straws!

Here's the *FREEBIE*.  Just click the picture and it will take you to TPT to download it for free.  Don't forget to leave feedback and show some love!

Lastly, I bought some very bright straws!

I want to do a sensory bin this year.  I keep seeing them and I want to try it.  In college I had to do a lot of hours in the child development center upstairs in our education department.  The preschool classes there had them.  I have to make mine academic since I'm not encouraged to do "centers".  Mr. Greg from The Kindergarten Smorgasboard shared an awesome post on how to make little clear stone alphabet stones.  So to start off the year I'll have those inside it for students to find.  Here's my last purchase for that sensory bin...straws!  Cut up a bunch of colorful straws for the kids to sift through. 

If you look close enough you can see little clear stones...

Watch out when cutting.  I set up my iPad and other items to deflect the straws because the straws FLY EVERYWHERE! 


I got 25 things for $25.00.  Can't beat that at all!  





2 comments:

  1. Love the idea for a sensory bin! We are discouraged from "non-academic" centers as well, but when I can put a standard on something fun, I will do it! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to have to get to Dollar Tree tomorrow!

    Deirdre
    Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete