Monday, June 15, 2015

Weekly Summer Link-Up: My Teaching Quirks

Me? Quirks?  Never.  Ha!  I'm linking up with I Heart Grade 3 for her Weekly Summer Link-Up.  This week is all about teaching quirks.  
#1- Calendar Kate
My hallway refers to me lovingly as Calendar Kate.  If someone wants to know without pulling up their calendar on their laptop if we have an assembly that day...I know right away (the time and where).  I like knowing when drills, assemblies, and things are.  I hate being surprised and feeling silly for not knowing.

#2- Early bird 
I occasionally beat our building engineer (custodian) and sometimes even the cooks in the mornings.  Yes, I get to the school at about 6:15am or 6:20.  We start at 7:35am.  Most teachers get there after 7:00am.  I'm a morning person and I would rather come an hour early than stay an hour late. I just work better bright and early!  Plus, I hate rushing around in the morning...starts my day off funky.


#3 Stickies!
I have a sticky note obsession.  I think this is a quirk.  They are EVERYWHERE in my room.  At my teacher table, on my desk, on my teacher cart (whiteboard cart), on my laptop stand, by the sink in the back, and on the file cabinet by the door when kids walk in so I can jot down notes talking to a parent or stick it on lunch money.  It's a very rare occasion that I run out, but it has happened...and it is terrible!

Those are my main teaching quirks.  They match right along with my type A personality.  


9 comments:

  1. I am the total opposite. I am definitely a night person. I hate getting up early and am always rushing in the morning. I do love using sticky notes though!!
    Crystal
    www.funandlearningatbba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I am with you. I can't tell you how many times I have waited outside my building for the custodian to arrive so I could get in, in the morning, and I LOVE sticky notes. I wish I could say I keep up with the calendar as well as you do though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Crystal on this one! You and I are total opposites! I have a real problem with memorizing dates, and I love to sleep, get up late, and roll into school 10 minutes before the bell! lol! On the other hand, I am a late owl! I do my best planning after school and after my children are in bed!

    Thanks for coming by and linking up! Have a great day!

    Monica

    www.iheartgrade3.com
    www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/I-Heart-Grade-3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also am often the first one at school. Fortunately, I have my own building keys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quirks are fantastic-that's an eeeeearly start! #ouch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're like my dream teammate! I never have any idea what's going on! Fortunately, I have my own calendar-girl across the hall!
    Deb
    Not very fancy in 1st

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The other K teacher is my opposite so I help keep her on track. ;) But she is awesome at other things! Everyone needs a calendar girl!

      Delete
  7. Love your quirks and totally feel like I can relate! I am also an early bird and feel so much more relaxed when I have extra time in the morning. And like you, I also seem to have a good grasp on what's going on, when, and where! We'd for sure get along great! :)

    Kelly
    Lattes and Lunchrooms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! :) I'm glad I'm not the only one. It sounds like we would!

      Delete